- To serve the local church by providing resources for fulfilling the Great Commission to the ends of the earth.
- To assist in identifying those whom God is calling to this specialized form of ministry.
- To help to develop a prayer support network.
- Partner with and assist in the development of national (self-governing, self-directing, self-supporting, and self-propagating) churches.
- To cooperate with inter-denominational mission boards, so as to develop channels, through the provision of personnel and resources, toward the effective communication of the gospel, without necessarily exporting the name of the Evangelical Congregational Church, nor its form of government.
The Scope of the Community’s Agenda:
- Executive Committee
- Finance Committee
- Volunteer Services
- Work Teams
- Mission Minded Kids
- Short-term Mission Rep
- Missionary Prayer Partner Coordinator
- The Administrative Assistant is the contact person between GMC, missionaries and churches; handles logistics and scheduling for missionaries on furlough or visiting the US; oversees and arranges GMC publications, mailings, and internet/social media presence; oversees the production of Mission Minded Kids and Vacation Bible School lessons to promote the VBS project; and provides administrative support to the GMA, GM Board and the Member Care Team.
- The Bishop and the chairperson shall appoint the members who are to serve on the community. The National Conference may, by its rules, populate each community by assigning various groups, committees and entities into existing communities based on their assigned work and create new communities when practical.