A Reference Manual For Understanding the Evangelical Congregational Church
The EC LINK is your connection to the Evangelical Congregational Church.
From time to time, God moves in history to expand his influence upon humanity. When God persuaded the heart of an eighteenth century tiler to share the gospel with his German immigrant neighbors, he launched a movement that would eventually influence the formation of several denominations including the Evangelical Congregational Church.
This church eventually developed a unified expression of faith revealed from the Scriptures and outlined in 25 Articles of Faith. From within this framework, people have found salvation, applied biblical principles to enliven new life in Christ, and discipled new converts into mature believers.
- Chapter 1 – YOUR LINK TO GOD’S MOVEMENT
- God’s Historical Movements
- Our American Story
- Evangelical Growth and Change
- Chapter 2 – YOUR LINK TO A UNIFIED FAITH
- Chapter 3 – YOUR LINK TO A RICHER EXPERIENCE
- The Pathway to Salvation
- The Pathway to Freedom
- Linking Our Personal Faith to Where We Live
- Chapter 4 – YOUR LINK TO GOD’S LARGER VISION
- Setting the Stage for Strategic Planning
- Vision 20/20 Statements and Core Values
- Chapter 5 – YOUR LINK TO GOD’S EXPANDING MISSION
- Empowering National Churches
- Facilitating Mission Workers
- Engaging the Church in the Great Commission
- Planting New Churches
- DISCUSSION QUESTIONS/STUDY GUIDE