Our Structure » Communities » Global Ministries Community
Global Ministries Community
- To serve the local church by providing resources for fulfilling the Great Commission to the ends of the earth.
- To assist in identifying those whom God is calling to this specializd form of ministry.
- To help to develop a prayer support network.
- Partner with and assist in the development of national (self-governing, self-directing, self-supporting, and self-propagating) churches.
- To cooperate with inter-denominational mission boards, so as to develop channels, through the provision of personnel and resources, toward the effective communication of the gospel, without necessarily exporting the name of the Evangelical Congregational Church, nor its form of government.
The Scope of the Community's Agenda:
- Executive Committee
- Finance Committee
- Volunteer Services
- Work Teams
- Mission Minded Kids
- Short-term Mission Rep
- Missionary Prayer Partner Coordinator
Chair: Global Field Associate
Staff: Deputy Director
- The Deputy Director (DD) assists the Global Ministries Associate (GMA) in the care, oversight and facilitation of mission workers including: missionary reporting and assessment comprehensive reviews and missionary finances. The DD is also responsible to oversee GMC publications and mailings and provide administrative support to the GMA.
- The Bishop and the chairperson shall appoint the members who are to serve on the community. The National Conference may, by its rules, populate each community by assigning various groups, committees and entities into existing communities based on their assigned work and create new communities when practical.